I’ve always liked eating Cordon Bleu, and since I get to play cook every Sunday, and nobody else in the family can cook it, I gave it a try 😛 It wasn’t easy since it was my first time but it was a success! 😀
- boneless and skinless chicken breast halves
- cheese slices
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 small can of milk
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Flatten each chicken into 1/4 inch thickness (fillet-style)
- Top with a slice of ham, then with cheese.
- Roll it up and secure with toothpicks. (I had a hard time rolling it well. I used a lot of toothpicks too xD)
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of milk and the egg. Place the bread crumbs in another bowl.
- Pour the rest of the milk into a pan, add a bit of water. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer the chicken roll until chicken turns white. After which, set aside and let it cool on a plate.
- When sufficiently cooled, dip chicken roll into the flour mixture, then in the egg mixture; roll in crumbs.
- Deep fry till golden brown. Cut and serve with sauce.
- Using the leftover milk-soup used in simmering, melt the butter, add a dash of cinnamon, pepper, oregano, and flour to thicken. Season it to your taste. (Sorry can’t be more accurate than that, I just put in a bit of whatever I saw and hoped it tasted good, which it did!)